Distillery Farm has been in the Robinson family since 1925 and after a family swop around Margaret & Robert Robinson moved back to the Distillery in 2000, back to where Robert was born. The couple have two daughters, one studying at university and another at high school, both of whom enjoy being surrounded by lots of young horses running around the nearby fields.
In 2002 Margaret and Robert Robinson turned the farm into one of the largest national hunt stud farm in Scotland, breeding young racehorses. Holiday guests enjoy serene views of the surrounding countryside with mares and foals grazing in the fields and paddocks around the holiday cottages.
The original distillery was closed down prior to the 1st World War, with the site re-purposed as a stock farm over the coming years. The Robinson family took over the lease on the distillery in later years whilst running their Provost Oats Mill in nearby Annan.
In 2007 the Distillery buildings were sold to David Thomson and Theresa Church with extensive refurbishment works commencing in 2010 to reinstate Annandale Distillery. November 2014 saw the doors reopened for not just Scotland’s most Southern whisky distillery but also the attractive coffee shop, cafe and visitors centre called The Maltings.
The distillery is open 7 days a week, offers regular tours and is situated a few footsteps away from the holiday cottages.