Distillery Stud has been in the family since 1925, formed as a stock farm on the old Whisky Distillery site that’s dated back to 1880. The Distillery was closed prior to the 1st World War, before being taken over by the Robinson family as a farm, whilst running their Provost Oats Mill in Annan.
More recently, since 2002, the farm has been converted into one of the largest National Hunt Stud Farms in Scotland, breeding and producing racehorses. Our numbers over the years has grown steadily, and now consist of fourteen Brood Mares in foal with yearlings, two year old, and three year old horses all found grazing in the surrounding paddocks. Private tours can be arranged at certain times of the year upon request.
In 2007 the Old Distillery buildings were sold to David Thomson and Teresa Church and in 2010 The Distillery refurbishment began at Annandale Distillery before reopening in 2014. Alongside the working distillery there is now a new visitors centre and attractive coffee shop – The Maltings.