Annan is excellently located, minutes from the A75 and M74 trunk roads yet set amongst beautiful, quiet Scottish countryside. A well stocked, busy high street hosts a good selection of larger chain and smaller, independent local shops, cafes, takeaways and restaurants, with a large supermarket a little further up the road.
Right on our doorstep there is an abundance of attractions, facilities and activities waiting to be explored, including:
- Caerlaverock Castle
- Annandale Distillery, Coffee Shop & Visitors Centre
- Annan Museum
- Swimming Pool
- River Annan walks (PDF)
- Recently reopened Annan Port and Harbour
- Athletics Track
- Annan Rugby Club
- Annan Athletic Football Club
- Fishing – River Annan (salmon & trout) and Newbie (coarse)
- Paintball at Newbie
- Beach at nearby Powfoot
- Horse Racing with Carlisle, Hexham, Ayr and Musselburgh all within an hour or so’s drive
- Devils’ Porridge Museum at Eastriggs
- Mountain Biking – Annan is central to the world class 7 Stanes MTB trail centres
- Road cycling – hundreds of miles of quiet, scenic roads to explore
- Westlands Activity Centre
- Busy high street with a wide choice of local shops, pubs, takeaways and restaurants
- Gretna Gateway outlet centre
- Gretna’s Famous Blacksmith’s Shop
- Ice Rinks at Lockerbie and Dumfries
- Golf at nearby Powfoot along with 7 regional courses
The picturesque River Annan, famous for its Salmon and Trout fishing and abundance of wildlife flows along part of the farm’s boundary.
Guests and locals alike can enjoy the wonderful riverside walk along the path, a loop consisting of two footbridges around one mile apart. Fishing on the river can be organised, subject to availability of rods.
Slightly further afield, the great border city of Carlisle is a short 20 minute drive away and home to both city facilities and attractions.
A busy high street, large retail parks and Carlisle Castle, Cathedral, Tullie House museum, the Sands Centre and a small dry ski slope all feature alongside the usual city facilities.
The Lake District
Annan is within a comfortable hour’s drive of Keswick, right in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District, with an abundance of outdoor activities to choose from.
Particularly popular attractions include GoApe at both Whinlater & Coniston, Ullswater Steamers and dozens of picturesque towns and villages.